Natural Treatment Of Diabetic Neuropathy
About Diabetic Neuropathy
Diabetic neuropathy is a type of nerve damage caused by diabetes. Long-term high blood
sugar can damage nerves throughout your body. Injure nerves of legs and feet increase the risk of Diabetic neuropathy. It is a progressive disease, if untreated can
get worse over time.
About half of all diabetes people have some problem of nerve damage. It is more common in those who have diabetes for a number of years and can lead to many kinds
of problems. If you can maintain your blood glucose levels, you may delay nerve damage. If you already have nerve damage, this will help prevent or delay further
damage. There are also other treatments that can help.
Types Of Diabetic Neuropathy
Four main types of neuropathy can impact on the nervous system, including:
- Peripheral Symmetric Neuropathy: The most form of neuropathy is
peripheral neuropathy. This normally affects the feet and hands.
- Autonomic Neuropathy: It is the second most common type of
neuropathy in diabetes people. This usually affects the nerves that control involuntary functions of the body, such as digestion, urination, or heart rate.
- Thoracic and lumbar root, or proximal, neuropathy: This damages
nerves along a specific distribution in the body, such as the chest wall or legs.
- Mononeuropathies: These can affect any individual nerve.
Causes Of Diabetic Neuropathy
In diabetes the cause of nerve damage not clearly understood. Long-term exposure to high blood sugar can increase the chance of Diabetic neuropathy. Other factors
can lead to nerve damage, such as:
- Damage to the blood vessels caused by high cholesterol levels
- Mechanical injury, such as injuries caused by carpal tunnel syndrome
- Lifestyle factors, such as smoking or alcohol use
- Low levels of vitamin B-12 can also lead to neuropathy
- Diabetes Medication like Metformin can decrease levels ofvitamin B-12 and lead to
Sign and Symptops of Diabetic Neuropathy:
There are four main types of diabetic neuropathy. Your Symptoms vary depending on the areas affected. Common signs and symptoms of the different types of diabetic
- Increased sensitivity to touch
- Loss of sense of touch
- Loss of reflexes, especially in the ankle
- Difficulty with coordination when walking
- Numbness or reduced ability to feel pain or temperature changes
- Burning sensation in feet, especially at night
- Muscle weakness or wasting
- Slow stomach emptying (gastroparesis), causing nausea, vomiting, bloating and
loss of appetite
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Difficulty swallowing
- Dizziness when you stand up
- Increased or decreased sweating
- vaginal dryness
- Erectile dysfunction
- Bladder problems, such as incomplete bladder emptyin
- Inability to sense low blood glucose
- vision trouble, such as double vision
- Increased heart rate
Risk Factors For Diabetic Neuropathy
Any Diabetes patient can affect by neuropathy, but these risk factors make you more likely to get nerve damage:
- Poor Blood Sugar Control. Uncontrolled blood sugar puts you at risk of every diabetes complication, including nerve damage.
- Diabetes History. Your risk of diabetic neuropathy increases the longer you have diabetes, especially if your blood sugar isn't well-controlled.
- Kidney Disease. Diabetes can damage the kidneys. Damage kidney sends toxins into the blood, which can lead to nerve damage.
- Being Overweight. Having a body mass index (BMI) greater than 24 may increase your risk of diabetic neuropathy.
- Smoking. Smoking narrows and hardens your arteries, reducing blood flow to your legs and feet. This makes it more difficult for wounds to heal and damages the peripheral nerves.
Herbal Remedies For Diabetic Neuropathy By Dhanvantary
Dhanvantary provides some herbal remedies like SHILAJIT CAPSULE,ASHWAGANDHA TABLET, CHANDRAPROBHA BOTIKA TABLET for the treatment of Diabetic Neuropathy. Made from best quality herbs this remedies strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of dhanvantary are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.